If you’re reading this post, you’re probably worrying about the upcoming Father’s Day which is only 3 days away. Chances are good that if you’re still searching for Father’s Day deals, you haven’t yet found that perfect gift…or any gift. But fear not! Even though there are only a few hours to go, you’ve still got plenty of time to take advantage of great Father’s Day deals. OK, you may not have plenty of time, but you definitely have some – so read on and get to work!
- Free ice cream. If your father isn’t reading this post, you can bring him a free ice cream from either TCBY or tasti-D-lite, both of which are offering a free small cup or cone to dads. Of course, you need to be a father to get the free ice cream – but if you’re not, you can always take your father out to the store to enjoy his free treat.
- Free collage print. What father doesn’t love a collage made of pictures of his children (or grandchildren), or of family memories from way-back-when. Create the collage at Walgreen’s online and have it mailed (you’ll pay for shipping, and it may not get there in time), or pick it up in-store so that it’s totally free. Use coupon code GOBIG8X10 to get your print for free. This coupon code is good until Saturday, June 19th.
- Free breakfast at Ikea. Take your father to the closest Ikea and get a free breakfast between 9:30 and 11am. While you’re there, the kids can make you (or grandpa) a free picture frame, at participating stores.
Of course, if you don’t want to give only a Father’s Day freebie, you can also take advantage of some great deals going on now. Some of my favorites include:
- Watches from Overstock.com. You can save 5% on your purchase if it’s your first time at Overstock.com, and you can take advantage of some of the great sales they have in their clearance section. Plus, your dad will probably appreciate the gift (even if he has a watch).
- An iPod from eBay. I’ve found that eBay is one of the best places to buy an iPod (or any mp3 player) because you can bid your price and possibly win an auction for an extremely low bid. If your father doesn’t currently have an mp3 player, he’ll likely enjoy it, as it’s great for the commute, working out or just tuning out ‘background noise’.
- Busted Tees from Brad’s Deals. Having given out dozens of t-shirts myself, I can tell you firsthand how people just love getting cute t-shirts. While some of their shirts are a bit risque, many of them are extremely hilarious and if your father has a sense of humor, he will love one. Shipping costs almost as much as the t-shirt, but it’s still a great gift for under $20.
Even if buying these Father’s Day gifts today won’t ensure that they’ll arrive on time (though you may be able to choose expedited shipping), you’ll be able to tell him that something is on the way. And that definitely counts for something if you ask me!
Happy Father’s Day,