Tax Day this year is on April 18th, which is only 10 days away. The ‘bad’ news, of course, is that taxes are due. The good news is that there are lots of retailers who are ready to diminish the difficulty of the day by offering Tax Day freebies. Below is a list of the Tax Day freebies for 2011 that have already been announced. There may be more to come, so follow me on Facebook to get the latest updates about Tax Day Freebies for 2011.
It’s worth noting that many of the freebies offered last year will not be offered again – but that shouldn’t deter you from taking advantage of all of this year’s deals. In fact, I’ve ordered them for you so that you’ll be able to plan out your day.
- H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt and Turbo Tax – All of these reputable companies are offering free online tax filings until April 18th.
- Office Depot – If you’re filing your taxes the old-fashioned way, get free copies (up to 25 pages) of your tax returns at participating Office Depot branches until April 15th.
- MaggieMoo’s Ice Cream and Treatery – Get a free “Crumb Cake Fundae” mini sundae from 3pm-6pm. With Cinamoo ice cream, caramel sauce, nuts, whipped cream and more, this sounds too delicious to pass up. If you’re still hungry, head on over to…
- Cinnabon – From 6pm-8pm get this chain bakery is giving away two free Classic Cinnabon Bites per person.
- Bally’s Total Fitness – Once you’ve filled up on free treats, work off the weight at Bally’s, which is offering free workouts all day on April 18th. Current Bally’s members can also sign up from April 15-21 for a free 30 minute personal training session. If you like the gym during your free visit on Tax Day, sign up for a reduced price on April 18th only.
- HydroMassage – This Tax Day freebie will be especially useful for anyone who isn’t quite used to going to the gym. Participating HydroMassage locations are offering free massages between April 14-18, 2011. The length of the massage isn’t stated, but you can call your local branch to find out and to schedule an appointment in advance.
If you’d rather avoid the crowds, it should be noted that some online retailers have also announced Tax Day sales, and I expect other sales will be announced in the coming days. Plan your purchases in advance by checking out Shoebuy, Bagsbuy and FloraFlora, all of which will be offering 10% off site-wide on Tax Day. AutoZone has also announced plans for Tax Day discounts, though the details have not yet been announced.